Sunday, October 6, 2013

Peanut Butter Bon Bons

Are you in the mood for a peanut butter cookie? And I don't mean a cookie that has peanut butter and chocolate or some combo like that, or your boring, standard peanut butter cookie.... I am talking about a cookie that is just peanut butter. Well, if you are, check this out...


This guy is call a Peanut Butter Bon Bon, but it's not a true bon bon because it's not rolled in cocoa powder or dipped in chocolate... so really it is just a Peanut Butter Bon... see what I did there? LOL!


I'm going to do my best to describe this... have you ever tried to eat just the peanut butter part of a reese's cup? Now imagine that peanut butter goodness as a cookie.



Baking these are so simple, you just have to be vigilant. You want to take these out of the oven as soon as they start to get golden... no later! Taking them out when they start to get golden helps them stay moist on the inside and just a bit crispy on the outside... like a thin shell protecting the chewy peanut butter. A fun thing with this recipe is that instead of spooning them onto the cookie sheet, you roll them into balls and then place them on the cookie sheet, this helps them keep the shape of circles.

Overall this is like a all time favorite for my family, so this must be a 5. My grandma says we should make them into full-fledged bon bons and dip them in chocolate, but I don't know... sometimes you just want the peanut butter and not the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment