Friday, October 4, 2013

Apple Cranberry Pumpkin Bread and Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread



A couple of weeks after making the Cranberry Pumpkin Bread, my brother and I experimented with the recipe by  adding different things instead of the dried cranberries. We came up with two very tasty results.  
               
The first one is... Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread!


Have you ever had a Spice Cookie? Because that is what this combo reminds me of. And let me just add that you get a chocolate chip in just about every single bite, which I think is how you know you've put the perfect amount of chocolate chips in your batter. Another awesome thing about the chocolate chips is, when they came out of the oven and cooled I don't think that the chocolate chips completely re-hardened which made it messy, but so tasty!


The other combo is... Apple Cranberry Pumpkin Bread!


This combination was more like the Cranberry Pumpkin Bread... Just with the added kick from the apples. I have to say that this one was my favorite  out of the two, which is a little odd for me because I usually go for anything that is sweet and has chocolate. Two things to note with this combo... 1) my mom recommends Granny Smith apples for this because they are tart rather than sweet...which should kick it up a notch! and 2) the Apple Cranberry Pumpkin Bread had to bake longer than the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread due to the moisture that the baking apples pieces added.


Both of these combos were awesome! I think these were 4 and a half stars. Soon I will post the recipe and I will be sure to include the measurements of the substitutions.




No comments:

Post a Comment