Thursday, May 14, 2015

Rosettes




A couple of weeks ago, my Mom asked me how I expected to get better at piping if I only piped every now and then. And the more I thought about it, I knew she was right. She's always right, I think it might be one of her superpowers! :-)



So last night, when she said I could bake a cake, anything other than chocolate, I was determined to pipe something on this cake (then I wouldn't mind it not being chocolate ;-). Then I remembered a rosette covered cake I saw on Pinterest. 

The finished cake


The tip I used was 1m. I was delightfully surprised at how easy it was... It was just like writing a lowercase "e". One thing I need to work on is keeping the piping bag clean. By the time I was done the whole inside was coated with frosting, it started coming out the opening on the top. And I also noticed that the size of the rosettes was not consistent.
 
My crumb coat.
But, overall, not bad for my first rosette piping job!


No comments:

Post a Comment