Friday, April 4, 2014

Meatball Subs (French Bread Pt.3)



For my third experiment with the French Bread dough, I made buns for meatball subs. I think it's safe to say that this bread dough is quickly becoming a favorite recipe of mine. You could also call the buns mini loaves of bread.



I did everything like the recipe, up until the shaping part. Instead of dividing the dough into to two, I divided it into four.


Then I stretched it the long way, folded it over, stretched it again, until it got to a shape I was happy with. Then I pinched the ends, put the seam on the bottom and let it rise for 5 to 10 minutes. Mom suggested next time to roll the dough after it was shaped, that way the top gets domed.


After they had a chance to rise again, I cut the slashes on the top. And then put them in the oven preheated to 450°F for 20 to 25 minutes.


Once again the way to tell when they are done is to check the bottom. Keep in mind that the longer they're in, the harder they're going to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment