Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Progress Report

The plan for my new room is fully in motion. It's going to be multiple steps, but at least it's finally started.

First, I should probably reveal a little more about my vision for my room.

The Color
For my main color, I chose this brilliant purple by Valspar.



And white is my secondary color.

The Design

At first, I was going to do a chair rail, painting underneath white and above purple. But after looking at moldings at Lowe's and Home Depot, I changed my mind. I'm not sure if it's because there were too many to choose from or because I didn't really love any of them. But, in any case, I did change my mind, AGAIN, regarding my room.

That was the last time, thankfully!

So, instead of a chair rail dividing the purple from the white, I decided to do a jagged line, as if the purple and the white were separating from each other. On Monday, I finished this part.




The Process
Before pulling the white paint out, I did the usual wall prep (filing in holes, sanding ,wiping the moldings, taping, ect.) but I also marked in pencil my peaks (I forgot to take a picture before beginning the white). By doing this, I had a border for cutting in the white. The pictures above are of the completed white. I cut in 3 coats and rolled on 2. I'm letting this cure for a couple of days before beginning the next part, which I will write another post about when I finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment