Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Epidemic of Pumpkin Spice



 Roughly four weeks ago, long before Fall actually arrived, I started to see pumpkin spice creeping into the world once more. 

I understand that people enjoy pumpkin, especially this time of year. I do, too. In fact, I'm in the middle of writing a blog post for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars (which are the bomb diggity, by the way!). But, I'm getting tired of all the commercials for pumpkin stuff. They began way too early and now that it's the second official day of Fall, pumpkin flavored cereals (which aren't all that great. Not the Cheerios, not the Life and not the Miniwheats, anyway) pumpkin coffee (even McDonald's joined in) or whatever else I'm forgetting are all old news. It's getting so old that at this point, even a limited edition pumpkin spice smelling bowling ball would likely get an annoyed eye-roll out of me.

What about the long-forgotten fruit of fall... Apples? You know, apple pie? Or what about fresh cranberries!!! Trust me, I cannot wait for those bad boys to enter the stores. To me, that means that Fall has officially began. Well, that and cooler temperatures outside. Life in the South means that Fall really doesn't feel like Fall until November.

But for now, I will laugh at the commercials and enjoy the memes about the pumpkin frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment