Friday, April 4, 2014

DIY Pink Camouflage Cake

Have you seen the Duff Goldman Pink Camouflage cake mix? I saw it at the store, and I was like I can do that without his instructions. So, without further ado, here it is... DIY Pink Camouflage Cake.



 What you need: 
  • One box of white cake mix (and the ingredients it calls for)
  • Pink food dye 
  • Three bowls
  • Cake pans
  • and the frosting of your choice

 The first thing to do is to make the cake mix according to the instructions, but you don't want to over-mix it. After that, you divide the batter into three bowls, or however many colors you want (because it doesn't have to be just pink, you could do blue camouflage or green camouflage or a rainbow blob.)



For mine I did three colors; baby pink, hot pink, and white. First I added the pink dye to the one I wanted to be light pink. That way I had two that were white that I could borrow from it if it was too dark. Then I did the darker one.


When I was satisfied with my colors I prepped my cake pans. Then I started adding the batter to the cake pans. It was rather simple, I just took a spoonful and plopped and drizzled the batter into the pans. Be sure to  alternate colors... some white, then some baby pink and then some hot pink. I did that until all the batter was in the pans.


I baked the cake according to the directions on the box.


             


Then I made some frosting with my Mom.

I added a little purple, because a little color makes everything better!
And finally I assembled the cake and frosted it.




Usually I skip frosting the sides because my dad doesn't like a lot of frosting. This time, however, I frosted the sides because it makes me smile.

In the picture above it looks like a normal cake, right?


And then BAM!




Awesome :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment